Tuesday 18 June 2013

Life

Life is not measured by the number of years that we live,
but by the happiness, the laughter, the love that we give.

Life shouldn't be filled with hatred, sadness, regret or fear,
but with courage, hope and wisdom and the people we hold dear.

Life is not about going grey and getting old,
but by sharing good times and the stories that we told.

Life is for dancing, giving, caring and having fun,
so go outside breathe the air and do kart wheels in the sun.

Play your music loud and sing with all your heart,
for if the joy of your life lives on we will never be apart.

Ellis, you lived your life with love and strength to the end,
I will love you always my beautiful daughter and best friend.

2 comments:

  1. I lost my daughter to CF 4 years ago this month and I just wanted to say I can relate to those words, they are so lovely and meaningful. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss Sue. We may be strangers but living with CF and then living with loss, unites us in a way that most wouldn't understand.

    Thank you for taking the time to read the blog and for your comment.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete